Monday, June 13, 2011

May 15, 2011 "INSIGHTS"

Insights      Recently I had an opportunity to attend a conference which I had heard about for several years, but had always deferred attending. I came away greatly impressed with the quality of speakers and presenters at this most recent Conference on Southern Literature.  
In comparison, over the past few years I've assisted in the orchestration of conferences on many levels, including the procurement of speakers and presenters, as an officer for the sponsoring writers' association and other great experiences. During this process, I had the good fortune to speak with many writers, literary agencies, and publishers.  Everyone knows I believe in the art and craft of writing - everyone has a story to tell and should never be discouraged. It's a delicate balancing act to write and give back to your community. I now have the  good fortune of facilitating a senior writer's group.  As writers continuing to hone our craft, we also have to learn how to serve our writing souls as well as we serve everyone else's.